We offer Instructor courses in ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS, & ACLS EP through the American Heart Association.
- 18 year of age or older
- Be of Good Moral Character
- Current Healthcare person preferably but not required
- Current Provider Card in each discipline
- Must take AHA Instructor Course Updates for 2020
- Instructor Essentials for ACLS, BLS or PALS
- Instructor Manual physical or ebook for ACLS, BLS or PALS
- All required equipment as per your Instructor Manual
- Create an Instructor Network Account
- Instructor Application will be Sent to you via DocHub Please complete. you must
a seperate application and monitoring form for each discipline you wish to teach.
- Attend Instructor Orientation Course
- BLS Supplies if you Teaching any advanced course
- BLS Feedback Manikins and AED Trainers
- Monitored by TCF/Course Director every two years
You can conduct full in person courses and heartcode blended courses. if you wish to teach ACLS, PALS, or heartsaver courses you can become an instructor in those disciplines as well and teach your own courses or teach for the Training Site. Instructors are not permitted to misrepresent themselves.
Instructor Alignment and Transfer
Instructors can transfer to the training site by completing the appropriate transfer forms.
Step 1: Be accepted by the training site. Complete Training Site Application linked below & Pay alignment fee
https://forms.gle/GD8NBqTqfhvwXgwy9 Training SIte Instructor Application
Step 2: Go to www.myutcm.com and register for a new instructor account. Enter the code EMST for our training site. Follow the instructions to create your instructor account. Once approved by the Training Site Coordinator, you can go to Instructor Folder and complete all the instructor forms you see there, all forms must be completed to be accepted to the training center. (see grahic below)
Step 3: If your Provider card is going to expire this is your chance to renew it. Once your application is approved you will be contacted for phone, zoom, or inperson interview. New Instructors and Reneweals You may need to be monitored teaching a class in our office.
AHA Instructor Network
- login to your Instructor Network account and go to edit your profile, click on alignment, click add disciplines, pick a discipline and select the training center below.
- Southeast Community Training Center
- Eaton, AL
- Please include you AHA 2020 Updates completion and Instructor essentials completion certificate with your transfer or secondary alignment paperwork.
- Instructors should have all equipment that is required to teach the disciplines for which they are certified to teach.
American Red Cross Instructor Bridge
Here is the link Free Online Instructor bridge you will need to upload your AHA Instructor Card EMT or Paramedic Card to bridge over to their programs.
Click HERE for additional bridge courses.
To align with EMS Training for American Red Cross Courses, please email us your ARC Instructor certs and accompany certifcations to firstname.lastname@example.org you can also call us at 347-719-CPR1 (2771). Theres no cost or fee with alignment for ARC. ARC Does have a fee for ecards. A listing is available upon request.