Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS):
- The PALS Certification Online Couse Is intended For healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children and for personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. Students can attend the lecture portion of the course via Zoom Video Online Session and can come into the office for in person skills and exam. We offer same day eCard Certification with lamination services for free!
What does this course teach?
The PALS Provider Course aims to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by preparing healthcare providers to effectively recognize and intervene in patients with respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest by using high‐performance team dynamics and high‐quality individual skills. The course includes a series of case scenario practices with simulations that reinforce important concepts. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students must pass the multiple-choice exam with a minimum score of 84%. Topics include:
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to
- Perform high‐quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per American Heart Association (AHA) basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Ready to take a PALS Certification online class?
The AHA offers options for how you can purchase PALS or PEARS. You can take a full classroom course, take a blended learning PALS course (includes HeartCode PALS + a hands-on skills session training), or purchase additional course materials. Choose from the options below, Check out our course schedule