Peripheral Intravenous Skills Certification
New Heartcode option Complete Part 1 at home and come into the office for Part 2 Skills Session. (not always available)
Traditional Inperson course, lecture, video and skill assessment.
Call us to schedule corporate classes for your employees. We have Trained staff who can come to your workplace or send your employees to one of our locations.
- Peripheral IV Skills Certification Program is Inperson Only and is intended for Care Providers who perform the IV Cannulation, EMT-I, EMT-CC, EMT-Paramedic, Technicians, LPN, or RN. Didactic practice occurs on human analogs. This course can be delivered annually as retraining.
- IV Skills Program is a 4 hours course with lecture and skills practice.
- The course covers an in depth review of anatomy of the venous system, iv cannulation, legal aspects, aseptic technique, special considerations, contraindications, new technologies, documentation and side effects of IV cannulation. At the completion of the course students will demonstrate there skill on an IV skills trainer and will be presented with a certificate of completion.
- Meets local hospital CME requirement for annual IV Skills certification.
- Cost $225.00
- Continuing Medical Education Hours: 3.0
- Textbook: Click here
- Intravenous Therapy for Prehospital Providers
- Second Edition | ISBN: 9781449641580 | © 2015 | 152 pages
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS); Mike Kennamer, EdD, NREMT-P
When does this Expire? This is up to your Employer on how long they will accept the Certificate for, they may require retraining in two years. If so you can return to us in two years for Renewal.
Who can take this class? Essentially any role where IV cannulation where may be within your scope of duties as a health care prfessional. Under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor.
Am i certified to do IVs after this course? IV access can only be performed while your working as a Health care provider and with a doctors order for the procedure. Be sure to document in the patients chart where appropriate.
EMS Training. LLC is an Accredited American Heart Association Training Site
All AHA Courses are Accredited by the Committie on Accrediation of Prehospirtal Care and Education.
“First time ACLS i was nervous and Candice was patient and amazing!! she took her time and even did a review session with me over zoom!!”
Jessia Jones RN
“Really knowledgeable and not a long class at all. Candice was great!”
“Absolutely loved this place ! My instructor Candice was great! Trained me on BLS (CPR and AED) great communication, professional, what a friendly environment and the office was open on a Sunday afternoon was so convenient for me .So happy I found this place and most definitely will refer my friends family and co workers !”