Peripheral Intravenous Skills Certification
New Heartcode option Complete Part 1 at home and come into the office for Part 2 Skills Session. (not always available)
Traditional Inperson course, lecture, video and skill assessment.
Call us to schedule corporate classes for your employees. We have Trained staff who can come to your workplace or send your employees to one of our locations.
We have state of the art new IV therapy arms thats accurate venous anatomy and feels real and gives accurate flash back.
- Peripheral IV Skills Certification Program is an Inperson Only and is intended for Care Providers who perform the IV Cannulation. Didactic practice occurs on human analogs. This course can be delivered annually as retraining.
- Course can be delivered 1 on 1 at our office or in a group. Course Schedule
- Our team of Experiecienced license instructors can come to your office location to deliver this course, there is a 5 student min for onsite classes.
- IV Skills Program is a 2.00 hours course with lecture and skills practice exam and worksheets students are awarded 2.00 Hours of CME upon course completion. Please request an CME certificate for proof of hours or email email@example.com to request a copy of your CME Certificate.
- The course covers an in depth review of anatomy and physiology of the venous system, nervous system, intravenous cannulation, legal aspects, aseptic technique, special considerations, contraindications, new technologies, documentation, side effects, complications, and legal considerations of IV cannulation. At the completion of the course students will demonstrate there skill on an IV skills trainer and will be presented with a certificate of completion.
- Standardized Course based on American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Meets local hospital CME requirement for annual peripheral intravenous skills certification.
Use of specific equipment, such iv pumps, central line maintenance, or ultrasound equipment is not included in this course.
- Cost $225.00
- Continuing Medical Education Hours: 2.0
- Textbook: Click here
- Intravenous Therapy for Prehospital Providers
- Second Edition | ISBN: 9781449641580 | © 2015 | 152 pages
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS); Mike Kennamer, EdD, NREMT-P
When does this Expire? This is up to your Employer on how long they will accept the Certificate for, they may require retraining in two years. If so you can return to us in two years for Renewal.
Who can take this class? Essentially any role where IV cannulation where may be within your scope of duties as a health care prfessional. Under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor.
Am i certified to do IVs after this course? IV access can only be performed while your working as a Health care provider and with a doctors order for the procedure. Be sure to document in the patients chart where appropriate.
Use of specific equipment, such iv pumps, or ultrasound equipment is not included in this course.
What do i do next ? turn in your certificate to your employer as proof of training, keep original/copy of all your documents. You can request duplicate certification if you loose yours at a fee.
EMS Training. LLC is an Accredited American Heart Association Training Site
All AHA Courses are Accredited by the Committie on Accrediation of Prehospirtal Care and Education.
“First time ACLS i was nervous and Candice was patient and amazing!! she took her time and even did a review session with me over zoom!!”
Jessia Jones RN
“Really knowledgeable and not a long class at all. Candice was great!”
“Absolutely loved this place ! My instructor Candice was great! Trained me on BLS (CPR and AED) great communication, professional, what a friendly environment and the office was open on a Sunday afternoon was so convenient for me .So happy I found this place and most definitely will refer my friends family and co workers !”