- Peripheral Intravenous Skills Certification course is In person Only and is intended for Care Providers who perform the peripheral IV Cannulation. Didactic practice occurs on human analogs. This course can be delivered annually or as retraining.
- Course can be delivered 1 on 1 at our office or in a group. Course Schedule
- Our team of licensed instructors can come to your office location, medical clinic, or hospital to deliver this course, there is a 5 student minimum for onsite classes.
- IV Skills Program is a 2.00 hours course with lecture, skills practice exam, and worksheets. Students are awarded 2.00 Hours of CME upon course completion. Please request a CME certificate for proof of hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your CME Certificate.
- The course covers an in depth review of anatomy and physiology of the venous system, nervous system, intravenous cannulation, legal aspects, aseptic technique, special considerations, contraindications, new technologies, documentation, side effects, complications, and legal considerations of IV cannulation. At the completion of the course students will demonstrate on an IV skills trainer and will be presented with a certificate of completion.
- Standardized Course based on American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Meets local hospital CME requirement for annual peripheral intravenous skills certification.
Use of specific equipment, such iv pumps, central line maintenance, or ultrasound equipment is NOT included in this course.
Textbook is not included in the cost of the class, student should come to class ready to learn and engage.